In preparation for the upcoming school year the clinic needs a few things in order to help keep students safe at school.
- Please review/complete FinalForms for each of your students prior to the first day of school
- Provide current action plans for students with asthma, seizures, or anaphylaxis as well as needed rescue medications. These need to be in the clinic before school starts. If your student carries their inhaler etc on them during the school day we still need the action plan on file in the clinic.
- If your child has a food allergy make the cafeteria aware. If substitutions are required a doctor’s order is needed if not already on file. Contact sally [dot] deehrlabrae [dot] school for cafeteria issues.
- Medications that are required to be given daily in school require a written doctor’s order. An adult must bring the medication to school. Do not send medications to school with students.
- Generic action plans and medication orders are available at the Nurse’s Notes & Forms page.
- Finally, students in grade 7 need to show proof of a Tdap & meningitis shot, Students in grade 12 must show proof of a meningitis booster shot or, if they were over 16 when the first shot was given, the date of the first meningitis shot. Any K student who was not up to date at the time of registration must provide a current shot record. All students newly enrolled in the district, regardless of grade level, need an up to date shot record on file also. Immunization records are due by September 30.
Sharron Harper MSN, RN
sharron [dot] harperlabrae [dot] school