For children residing in the LaBrae School District who will be 5 years old (Kindergarten) by August 1, 2022 or 4 years old (Preschool) by October 1, 2022; LaBrae Local Schools Kindergarten and TCESC Preschool Registration will take place at Bascom Elementary on Thursday, February 17, 2022 for Kindergarten from 2-8 p.m. and for Preschool from 5-8 p.m. Then, in the month of March, you are able to register by appointment only. Final day to register for Preschool is Friday, April 8, 2022. You can call the Bascom office to schedule an appointment in March at 330-898-3041.
You will need to have the following information:
- Child’s Birth Certificate, Social Security Card & Immunization Record
- Valid driver’s license or State ID for parent/guardian registering the child.
- Custody papers (if applicable) with court date and time stamp and signed by Judge
- Two (2) valid proofs of residency one (1) MUST be a utility bill. All proof of residency documents must have the parent/guardian’s name, address, and be currently dated.
- Proof of Income (for Preschool only): W-2, 1040, 1040EZ or two consecutive pay stubs.
Valid proof of residency are as follows: Monthly Mortgage Statement, Lease/Rental Agreement (whole document, all pages, must include signature of both parties), Purchase/Construction Contract, Current Pay Stub, Proof of Car Insurance, Government Assistance Program Paperwork, Official Voter Registration Card from Board of Elections, and/or Monthly Bank Statement.
** Nothing handwritten will be accepted (example: receipts, notes, etc.) Post Office Boxes are also not acceptable. We do not accept driver’s license, tax forms, or junk mail for proof of residency.
Transportation is not provided for the preschool program.
If you have any questions, please contact the Bascom Office at 330-898-3041 for additional information